Thursday, October 14, 2010

I really did set myself up on this one




ha I checked a post of mine back in August, where I say I am going for a faultless finish,  what on earth was I thinking?  It all started happy with great expectations,  but then it went on and on,  and yards and yards of fabric later, a zillion yards of thread and a lot of crooked lines, groaning (more like grunting) and moaning,  I had had enough of this quilt.  It's a quilt as you go job and well, I really did think it was going to be the answer to everything NOT.  This method of quilting had just as many difficult areas to tackle as normal quilts do and to be honest I think I would rather not quilt as you go again.  Nonetheless I have finished it under protest (against myself) because it's my daughters quilt and she kept saying Mum when is my quilt going to be finished.  I hate it, I hate all the mismatched sashing lines, all thee... well I won't go into anymore details about my lack of sewing ability, but just to say thank god its finished!!!

1 comment:

  1. It may have been difficult and imperfect, but still looks wonderful and will be loved. That's all that matters now:)

    ReplyDelete