Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Very First Quilt Top


This was the very first quilt top that I made. I didn't have any equipment at all apart from a pair of blunt kitchen scissors and a sewing machine. I went along to my local quilt shop and bought a Bali charm pack with 80 5" squares. I sew them all together with great enthusiam. The next day I went and bought another charm pack and a Bali Pop and continued sewing. I got out my Fiskars paper cutter and starting slicing up the 2.5" strip to make the borders.
After I did all this I then realised it had grown far too big and how the heck was I going to baste and quilt it. So I packed it up and started on my Quilt No. 1 . Now I am willing to tackle it, I have decided to unpick the beast and make better use of all that gorgeous fabric... I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment